VISION, MISION & LIBRARY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The CSU Library fosters an environment of dynamic source of information and advances intellectual discovery that inspires lifelong learning and critical thinking.
The Library primarily supports the instructional, curricular, research, extension and production thrusts of the university through an organized, relevant and immediate delivery of information and services for the attainment of best education.
LIBRARY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
To promote the use of information resources by developing and managing the collections relevant to the university's curricular programs, and to provide reference and information services that meet the information needs of library clientele.
- To fulfill these goals, the library commits to:
- 1. assist in the attainment of the objectives of the university by serving the information needs of the students;
- 2. develop skills, expertise, commitment, and an innovative spirit in its personnel to ensure quality delivery of information to its users;
- 3. work collaboratively with the administration, deans, program coordinators, faculty members, and students to enrich the research and learning facility;
- 4. provide access and promote the discovery and utilization of both print and online information resources;
- 5. build adequate and efficient collections to support research, teaching, and learning;
- 6. forge local, national, and international linkages and partnerships for information initiatives; and
- 7. ensure the availability of physical and virtual environment conducive to reading and learning.