BSP-KRN LAUNCHING AND MOU SIGNING
Cagayan State University Library was chosen as one of the recipients of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas – Knowledge Resource Network (BSP-KRN) Program. The BSP Knowledge Resource Collections (KRC) which contains several reference materials delivered, partially, by the BSP was successfully launched right after the signing ceremony of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) – represented by the BSP Regional Deputy Director, Susie O. Fiesta and the CSU OfficerIn-Charge, Office of the University President, Father Ranhilio C. Aquino – held last December 7, 2017 at the University Library.
The BSP-KRN Program aimed to: a) establish and maintain BSP Knowledge Resource Collections, a space within the library premises of the BSP Knowledge Resource Network member with available BSP print materials such as books, annual reports, inflation reports, statistical publications, brochures, pamphlets, posters and other information/learning materials, as well as online materials through the BSP website; b) link network members’ portals with the BSP website in order to access BSP’s online publications and other information resources; c) assist network members with their research and reference inquiries regarding economic and financial information, particularly in the areas of economics, banking, finance and investments, subject to existing applicable laws, regulations and internal policies of BSP; d) conduct briefings of designated librarians from Network member-libraries on the nature of information resources and services available at Economic and Financial Learning Center (EFLC) of the BSP Region 02, including the BSP website; and e) conduct periodic review and evaluation of the effectiveness of the program.
Susie O. Fiesta elaborated the objectives of the BSP-KRN program, which indicates its strong commitment to disseminate information resources. She commended the KRC agenda on its Annual Report SY 2016-2017 http://lib.csu.edu.ph 13 | P a g e successful campaign, pointing out how its achievements have contributed greatly to the development of library reference services.
Father Ranhilio C. Aquino, speaking on behalf of CSU, noted the critical role that KRC plays in research and information needs – particularly the references relating to banking laws of the Philippines which he requested for more additional copies – of the library patrons and thanked BSP for choosing to base its KRC at CSU.
After the launching program, which collaboratively conceptualized by Ms. Maria Elena A. Madriaga, BSP Senior Research Specialist and Mr. Ronaldo P. Sumait, CSU University Librarian, a lecture entitled “Currency Familiarization and Coin Re-circulation” was also conducted by the BSP Senior Research Specialist, Dante T. Cambri. This enriching endeavor, attended by the college students from the different colleges of the university, specifically aimed to orient the participants with the elements and features of the Philippine currencies and the significance of coin recirculation. On the same day, the BSP officials conducted on the spot coin exchange and New Design Series Notes (demonetized notes) exchange. The CSUans were given an opportunity to swap or exchange their coins and old bills with the New Generation Currency banknotes.
- BSP-KRN Launching and MOU Signing
- PLAI Annual National Congress 2017
- Students General Orientation
- Books Donation: Learning Resource Center of Brgy. Larion Bajo
- Installation of Integrated Library System
- UPD-CEL: I NEED. I VALUE. I LOVE MY LIBRARY â€“ PROGRAM
- AACCUP Survey Visit
- INFORMILLENIALS CONFAB
- International Women's Month
- Library Committee Meeting
- Library Book Fair
- RFID Training-Seminar
- AACCUP Survey Visit in WPU
- University Library - Ranked #1 Frontline Service Provider
- Destiny Drill Down 3D
- Web OPAC
- Office Interfacing & Reference Coding Workshop
- CSU Personnel Attended Training in Cebu
- ARTA Act: Dynamic Approach to Responsive and Excellent Service
- Seminar-Workshop on Corporate Image and Professional Ethics
- PLAI National Congress 2015
- Formulation of the Library Manual
- PLAI-CaVRLC Librarians' Conference 2015
- Manila International Book Fair 2015
- University Library Personnel Training
- The EISI Product Roadshow
- PLAI-CaVRLC Librarians' Forum 2015
- Benchmarking and GAD Seminar